As you probably know, all of us here in the US are headed into a long weekend in celebration of Thanksgiving. In that spirit, I wanted to share a few things that I am thankful for as it relates to photography:
- Photography has given me new eyes, and I am thankful for it - I may look at the same things as before, but now I really see them
- Photography has taken me places that I would never have gone before - into certain buildings, down dark alleys, around deserted corners - and I am glad I went
- I have been given opportunities as a direct result of going to these places - print sales, commercial licensing opportunities, and making just enough money from it to reinvest in new equipment
- I am thankful for all the new Nikon gear I just picked up - it is incredible to have pro-level tools in hand
- I am incredibly thankful for the community of folks that I interact with, none of which I would have had the opportunity to meet without photography - and all of which I have learned something from
Thanks to everyone who has ever visited my blog, commented or shared my work on Google+, friended me on Facebook or "Liked" my page there, made me a contact on Flickr, or followed me on Twitter or elsewhere - I am incredibly grateful for every single bit of it, and my photographic life is richer because of it.