More awesomeness from Macphun - they just keep on giving!
I assume by now you know that I absolutely LOVE Luminar by Macphun. It’s my go-to editor for every photo, and it works wonders. It’s incredibly powerful and continues to innovate. That’s why I recommend that you drop the Nik Collection and adopt Macphun right away (I wrote that a couple of weeks ago, and now this new Luminar update is out - great timing to prove my point!).
Today Macphun is announcing another update to Luminar, adding in several new features, performance improvements, and more. It's a free update to current users!
Check it out and let me know if you have any questions!
If you don't have Luminar yet, be sure to read the special offer below!! It’s a great deal my friends!
New Feature Highlights in Luminar Neptune:
- Accent - AI-filter – Uses artificial intelligence to create stunning images with a single slider movement, tapping into the power of dozens of filters.
- Quick & Awesome workspace – A workspace consisting of the Accent AI, Saturation & Vibrance and Clarity filters. Great for achieving fast results in a fun and easy way.
- Plug-in integration with Creative Kit and Aurora HDR 2017 – Seamlessly access Macphun’s other photo editing tools you own with Luminar as the host application
- Brush, Gradient and Radial Gradient tools – Dramatically faster performance yields smoother selective editing.
- Vignette filter – Addition of Vignette Styles, Place Center and Pre- and Post-Crop modes deliver even more flexibility to this popular photo finishing tool.
- Memory management – Increased overall performance for large files and 5+ simultaneous open images.
- User Interface changes – Extensive improvements to in-app animation and mode transitions make for a more pleasing editing experience.
- Crop tool update – Added the ability to specify custom crop ratios.
- Local history – Provision for reviewing separate history while in Transform, Denoise, Clone & Stamp modes helps optimize editing.
Some quick personal experience insights into these new features:
I have been using Neptune for about a week now, and absolutely love it. I think you will too. The new Accent AI filter is AWESOME and I have been using it on a bunch of photos. So cool, quick and easy! The new workspace, Quick and Awesome, is very helpful too. It's a combo of the Accent AI, Saturation/Vibrance, and Clarity filters. Works every time! I will often start with that workspace and then add another few filters to the image, depending on what I am trying to accomplish.
The plug-in integration with other Creative Kit apps is really helpful, though of course this is only when using Luminar in standalone mode, when it can function as the host app. Nonetheless, I do that a lot and so now I can quickly pop over to Aurora, Focus, etc if I want to. That's great to have at your fingertips!
The update to the Vignette filter is super handy and I love the "place center" option which I have wanted for quite a while. All the other stuff is great too, but these are the highlights from my experience over the last week. I also took a few minutes and recorded a video showing Neptune in action. In this video, I edit 4 different photos, rather quickly, and of course I use the Accent AI filter every time. I know you will enjoy it!
Here's a video wherein I edit 4 photos using the new filters, workspace and more:
Bottom line is that this amazing app just keeps getting better! Thank you Macphun for continuing to innovate!
Go get your free update if you are a current user!
Are you Luminar curious now? Interested in getting this amazing app for yourself?
Well then, here's a great new special offer on Luminar Neptune + bonuses such as training, presets and more!
LUMINAR NEPTUNE OFFER INFORMATION:
Luminar + Video Training, eBooks, Presets and Overlays for $69. Total value of $309.
Pricing as low as $49 for Macphun users when you use coupon code JIMNIX or $59 for non Macphun users that use coupon code JIMNIX.
OFFER AVAILABILITY: Thursday June 15th - Sunday June 25th
- Luminar, The Supercharged photo editor for Mac that adapts to your skill level. ($69 Value)
- Photography Fundamentals Video Training - In this series, you'll learn all about the essential concepts of photography from professional photographer and educator Richard Harrington. ($99 Value)
- The Grand Landscape eBook by Ian Plant - In this eBook, Ian Plant shows you how to make great landscape photos in no time, helping your work to stand out from the rest. ($19 Value)
- 2 Luminar Preset packs - ($49 Value)
- Over 500 Overlays - ($45 Value)
- The Black and White Landscape & Candid Portrait eBooks from Andrew Gibson ($28 Value)
Check out my Luminar presets, too!
And once you get Luminar (spoiler alert - shameless plug coming next), feel free to take a look at my preset packs here. There are quite a few for Luminar and all the feedback has been great. They are packed with one-click looks you can easily adjust, and they are very reasonably priced. Enjoy and let me know if there are any questions!
Not convinced yet? Take a free test drive!
At the very least, go download a free trial of Luminar and give it a test drive. It's an amazing product and one that I use literally every single day. I love it and I feel like it is the most powerful and flexible photo editor out there today! I think after you use it a little and get familiar with it, you will agree.
- Need help understanding how to use it? Here's a bunch of stuff that will help.
- Interested in getting one-click awesome looks in Luminar? Check out my presets!
- Want to watch some videos? Check out my YouTube!