It’s no secret that I love Macphun products. I find them all to be easy to use yet very powerful, and they definitely help me craft my images with precision. So when I started experimenting with Luminar, I expected the same thing: an intuitive and powerful product that could help me craft beautiful images. That has long been my opinion of and experience with Macphun.
However, I was not prepared to be BLOWN AWAY by Luminar. Sure, I expected to like it - even love it - but I didn’t fully understand what I was getting into. I expected a great photo-editing app, but what I got was so much more. I got an entirely new way of doing things and a simpler but more powerful photo-editing experience.
This is a serious game-changer, and not just for Macphun and their customers, but for the industry. This product is highly capable and literally bundles so much together that it is somewhat mind-boggling. However it fits everything in a fluid and intuitive UI that never feels crowded.
It just works, and it works beautifully. I am spending all my time in it right now, and I expect you will feel the same when you get it.
I also just created the below video showing how I edited the NYC skyline photo - take a look!
The pre-order period for Luminar is about to end (the product launches November 17) so take advantage of the great deal while it’s available!
LUMINAR PRE-ORDER OFFER INFO
- Offer available: November 2 – November 17
- Pricing: $240 Value Starting at only $49 for Current Macphun Customers
- New Customer Pre-Order Price: $59 Includes Pre-Order Bonuses!
- Current Users of any Macphun Software, including Aurora HDR Price: $49 Includes Pre-Order Bonuses
- Professional video training from Matt Granger: Educating Tina-Directors Cut $99 Value
- Premium Membership + eBook from Will Burrard-Lucas: Build a Profitable Photography Business
Here are 50 stream-of-consciousness thoughts about why I love Luminar and think that you will too:
- It’s an incredible, powerful all-in-one photo editor.
- No more jumping between apps to complete an image!
- It’s a perfect complement to Aurora HDR.
- Touch up an HDR or take the base HDR and stylize it completely.
- Create stunning monochrome images.
- The UI is adaptive and flexible so you can alter it to fit your skill level or preferences.
- The entire package is very intuitive. It never feels overwhelming despite all the tools it contains.
- Easily add layers to gain creative control over your image.
- Masking is easy and quick.
- Extensive collection of blend modes for ultimate creative control.
- Non-destructive editing of RAW files.
- Supports PSD files.
- Save in multiple file formats.
- Easily share/publish online when editing is finished.
- Editing brush with customizable size, opacity and softness.
- Histogram that can display hot and cold pixels.
- Use it as a standalone, a plug-in or an extension. It will fit into your preferred host/workflow.
- History panel allows you to jump back in time to view your editing steps.
- Workspaces to personalize your editing approach based on the style of photograph you are editing.
- Create, save, share, import and export workspaces.
- Add a texture quickly and easily.
- Completely replace a sky in a couple of minutes.
- Extensive collection of presets in 6 categories.
- Create, save, share, import and export presets.
- Easily adjust presets to customize your photo.
- Apply opacity slider to a preset in preview mode.
- Radial masking filter.
- Gradient masking filter.
- Luminosity masking.
- Significant list of standard editing filters.
- Orton Effect filter - so fun!
- Foliage enhancer filter.
- Fog filter.
- Split Color Warmth filter.
- Split toning.
- Filter descriptions.
- Filters organized by category.
- Apply blend modes to individual filters on a single layer.
- Apply masking to individual filters on a single layer.
- Rearrange filters that have been applied.
- Crop and straighten image.
- Transform image.
- Noise reduction.
- Object removal/spot healing eraser.
- Clone and stamp tool.
- Keyboard shortcuts for quicker workflow steps.
- Up to 3000% zoom.
- Before and After comparison.
- Easily adaptable from landscapes to portraits and everything in between.
- Just a lot of fun to experiment with!
That's it for today my friends. I really have been enjoying Luminar, and it's definitely right at the top of my favorite apps, along with Aurora HDR. Between those two, that's all I really use now. It's great to have so much power at your fingertips. Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for stopping by!
Full Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Macphun, and if you buy through my links I receive a small commission which I reinvest in the growth of this site. However your price is the same whether you buy through my links or not. You are doing me a small favor - which I greatly appreciate! - and that allows me to continue bringing you great content week after week. Thanks very much for your support!